Love Names For Babies
Valentine's Day brings thoughts of love and romance, and what better way to memoralize your favorite romantic movie than by giving your little one a name straight from Hollywood's loveliest films?
We searched high and low for some of the best names that come from these fabulous movies. Some of the names we chose are also from movies that aren't necessarily romantic in nature but feature an enduring love story. A good example is Carl and Ellie from the animated children's movie Up, which packs tons of romance and love in just a few short minutes near the beginning of the film.
Variety of names
We also chose names from classic flicks, like Gone With the Wind and Casablanca, and many from real tear-jerkers like The Notebook and A Walk to Remember. Some you may expect, such as Jack and Rose from Titanic, but others may be a little more unique, such as Ennis and Jack from Brokeback Mountain.
Many names have a nice, traditional or vintage feel to them, particularly those from older films or ones where the story takes place long ago, but some have a new or exotic sound to them, such as Satine from Moulin Rouge. While you may not be tempted to name your baby girl Buttercup (from The Princess Bride), you can't deny that the love story within is timeless and amazing.
If you're unfamiliar with some of these, add them to your Netflix queue and get to watching. You may just be missing out on the best love story you've never seen. And you may be inspired to name your little one after one of the most romantic characters in film history.
- Titanic: Jack, Rose
- The Notebook: Noah, Allie
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Joel, Clementine
- P.S. I Love You: Holly, Gerry
- Ghost: Sam, Molly
- Up: Carl, Ellie
- Twilight: Edward, Bella, Jacob
- The Lake House: Alex, Kate
- Sleepless in Seattle: Sam, Annie
- Dirty Dancing: Johnny, Frances
- Moulin Rouge: Christian, Satine
- Gone With the Wind: Rhett, Scarlett
- Grease: Danny, Sandy
- Pretty Woman: Edward, Vivian
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: Benjamin, Andie
- Just Like Heaven: David, Elizabeth
- Brokeback Mountain: Ennis, Jack
- You've Got Mail: Joe, Kathleen
- The Wedding Planner: Steve, Mary
- Serendipity: Johnathan, Sara
- Love Story: Oliver, Jenny
- Love and Other Drugs: Jamie, Maggie
- When a Man Loves a Woman: Michael, Alice
- 50 First Dates: Henry, Lucy
- A Walk to Remember: Landon, Jamie
- Buffalo '66: Billy, Layla
- Casablanca: Rick, Ilsa
- Hitch: Alex, Sarah
- When Harry Met Sally: Harry, Sally
- The Princess Bride: Westley, Buttercup