Infant care seats are tricky but there are some tips that can help you to make sure your baby is...
Infant care seats are tricky but there are some tips that can help you to make sure your baby is safe and secure while riding in the car.
- Your rear-facing infant seat (all child car seats and boosters for that matter) should be in the back seat.
- The harness straps on a rear-facing seat should be at, or just below your baby's shoulders.
- The harness chest clip should be correctly positioned at your babyâ€™s mid-chest or armpit level.
- Harness straps should be snug and straight.
- You should never position a rear-facing infant seat in the path of a frontal or side airbag.
- Make sure that straps are never twisted up; they should lay smooth and flat.
- Even during the winter your baby should never be dressed in a big fat snuggly outfit and then put in her infant seat. Extra bulky clothing will reduce how well the harness and straps work.