Hunter Douglas, a leading manufacturer of custom window fashions, recently released a nice set of tips regarding window and glass...
Hunter Douglas, a leading manufacturer of custom window fashions, recently released a nice set of tips regarding window and glass door safety for homes with children. If you have a little one who may be learning to walk soon these tips are worth reading.
- Use window guards on all windows above the first floor. Screens aren't safe or sturdy enough to keep even a small child from knocking it out and falling through.
- In the summer we do like to keep our windows open so Hunter Douglas suggests installing window locks that limit the size of the opening.
- Babies are semi-clumsy when crawling and learning to walk. Placing bright stickers at your child's eye level can stop him from running into your glass doors.
- Always keep cribs and other furniture away from windows.
- Make sure that all window covering have the cords placed out of your baby's reach or try a retractable cord system. Small children can easily get entangled ad seriously hurt by hanging cords.