It's not that hard anymore to create a safe, non-toxic, earth-friendly baby nursery. Follow these tips to make your green...
It's not that hard anymore to create a safe, non-toxic, earth-friendly baby nursery. Follow these tips to make your green nursery a success.
- Paint the walls with low or no-VOC earth and baby friendly paint.
- Look for natural, sustainable, or organic floor coverings. Bamboo is a good sustainable wood flooring option and if you'd like soft, try non-toxic carpets or throw rugs. Try to find untreated, partially recycled fabrics for flooring when possible.
- Purchase refurbished furniture, or old furniture that you reclaim on your own (remember to paint with a healthy no lead, non-toxic laminate or paint). If you purchase new furniture try one of the many great natural baby shops around.Avoid plywood and particleboard, at all costs because it almost always contains formaldehyde. As the demand becomes larger for organic, and healthy baby furniture, the cost has really gone down. Don't forget the non-toxic crib mattress.
- Be sure to install energy saving lights and light bulbs.
- Stock your nursery shelves with cloth diapers, organic clothing, and natural non-toxic toys.