The lovely, peachy-green-red, mango is one of those nutritionally power packed foods, that also tastes great. Just a half cup...
The lovely, peachy-green-red, mango is one of those nutritionally power packed foods, that also tastes great. Just a half cup of mango has 33% of your vitamin A, 50% of your vitamin C, and 2 grams of fiber. Another perk - only 54 calories.
- Blend one cut mango with ice in the blender for an icy treat you can scoop up with a spoon.
- Blend to a puree with an organic apple to make some extra tasty baby apple-mango sauce.
- Use the puree as a healthier dip for baked chicken nuggets or grilled sliced chicken or fish.
- Juice it - mango juice is really good icy cold.
- Make yummy mango salsa.
- Blend mango with organic yogurt, raspberries, and a splash of soymilk to make a great smoothie - add a banana to the mix and call it breakfast. Babies can have this mixture as well, but I'd blend it a littles smoother and use breast milk, not soy.
- Of course you can always eat slices whole - for baby put a cube into the baby safe feeder.