The key to raising healthy, active kids, is to start encouraging movement from a young age. Here are some tips. ...
The key to raising healthy, active kids, is to start encouraging movement from a young age. Here are some tips.
- Avoid keeping babies in swings, car seats, walkers, and small enclosed play pens for extended amounts of time. Use only when necessary - i.e you're cooking something or taking a shower.
- Baby proof so that your baby is free to safely explore his world.
- Give babies lots of tummy time - as an infant, at least two to three 10-15 minute sessions. Always supervise tummy time.
- Play movement games like pat-a-cakes, Itsy Bitsy Spider, or swing colorful scarfs around within easy reach so your baby can try to grab them.
- Use toys like rolling soft balls and push toys to get your little one laughing and moving.