Sometimes you absolutely have to head to the doctors office or emergency room; however, there are some injuries and health...
Sometimes you absolutely have to head to the doctors office or emergency room; however, there are some injuries and health issues you can treat yourself. Even though these issues may seem serious, there's usually no need to go to the doctors. If you aren't sure how to home treat a problem, or you want to double check that no trip into the office is needed, call your baby's pediatrician. A dog bite, if the bite happens under the following circumstances:
- The dog is your dog.
- The dog is up to date on all shots.
- No skin was broken.
- Your baby is over three months of age.
- Your baby has no neck stiffness.
- Your baby has decent energy and is breathing normally.
- Fever is under 103 degrees and has been going on for less than 72 hours.
- Your baby is breathing fine; i.e. no rapid breathing, no struggling to breathe, and no wheezing.
- Your baby has no ear pain (he'll be tugging his ears usually if there's pain)
- Your baby simply has basic cold symptoms like sniffles, sneezing, or cough AND has been sick for less than five days.
- Your baby has no abdominal pain.