Summer is indeed winding down, and maybe you're getting a little slack with the sunscreen. However, now is not the...
Summer is indeed winding down, and maybe you're getting a little slack with the sunscreen. However, now is not the time to get slack, sunshine and UV rays are all year round. As a friendly reminder, here are some baby sunscreen tips:
- Use sunscreen all year round.
- Find a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, with UVA and UVB protection. Look for a sunscreen that's gentle (or baby-safe) and waterproof.
- Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before heading outside.
- Don't forget backs of neck, feet, and ears.
- If you spend all day outside, be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours, or if your baby plays in the water, reapply afterward.
- Discuss sunscreen for babies under 6 months of age with your baby's pediatrician.