Coins or other small metal items: Call the doctor. Your baby may be fine - the real danger in eating...
Coins or other small metal items: Call the doctor. Your baby may be fine - the real danger in eating small metal items is choking, if he munched it right down, at least he didn't choke. However, some small items made of metal, glass, or other hard materials can harm a baby's gastrointestinal tract so you do need to call. A crayon: Don't worry about it. It's not great, but most crayons on the market are non-toxic and won't do anything bad. Alcohol: If your baby is walking around it pays to make sure all alcohol is out of reach. If your baby snags a sip of alcohol call the doctor but don't panic. If your baby gets a hold of a lot of alcohol, OR you have no clue how much he has drunk, go straight to the emergency room. Babies can die from alcohol poisoning and because their bodies are small, it doesn't take much. Paper: Don't worry at all. Paper is one of the safest non-food items your baby can eat. EVEN colored paper. Paper passes through the system just like food. Magnets: Call the doctor right away or head to the emergency room. Magnets are one of the top hidden home dangers in the country. If your baby ate more than one, it could be very dangerous. Household cleaners, plants, and medications: Any cleaners, plants or medications should be considered poison. If your baby ingests any of these items, even if he looks just fine, call poison control asap. If you can't remember the poison control number call 911.

Tags: baby ate a crayon baby ate a magnet baby ate a plant baby ate paper baby drank alcohol baby poisons choking baby household cleaners medications plants top hidden home dangers


recommended for you

Comments