Sometimes babies get sick super fast or have a run-in with something that may make them sick (i.e. a poison)...
Sometimes babies get sick super fast or have a run-in with something that may make them sick (i.e. a poison) and it can be scary. What happens: Your baby, who has seemed perfectly fine and peppy all day is suddenly tired, looks ill, or won't respond to you. What to do: Evaluate the situation...
- Did your baby just fall down?
- Has she been eating and drinking normally all day?
- Has she had vomiting or diarrhea or a lack of wet diapers?
- Is she on a medication? Sometimes a medication can make a baby suddenly sleepy and less responsive.
- Did you leave the room, come back, and find something odd - for example, your baby got a hold of a plant, or maybe swallowed something small.
- What else do you see? Anything that alerts you to a problem?
- What to do if your baby eats…
- When to call an ambulance for your baby
- Emergency child care: what to do for a cut tongue or cheek
- Poison prevention tips for babies and toddlers
- What should be in your emergency kit