In my opinion the best mamas only give advice when asked or when it's seriously necessary. Too many parents just...
In my opinion the best mamas only give advice when asked or when it's seriously necessary. Too many parents just toss advice at you like it's going out of style, which is so damn annoying. All parents make mistakes, all parents learn as they go, and lame petty advice all the time is unnecessary.
For example, don't comment on issues like...
- How your friend organizes her onesies.
- If she bottle feeds instead of breastfeeds - you can give your thoughts on why YOU breastfeed, you can offer advice if she asks, but never put down her decision, that's so not cool.
- If she wants to work and you think stay-at-home mamas rock.
- Her choice of toys, books, and other products.
- She seems depressed and you suspect postpartum depression.
- She's in an abusive relationship.
- She gives her baby a food choking hazard.
- She smokes around her baby.
- God forbid she doesn't use a car seat for her baby.