Baby strollers can be handy, no doubt about it, but they can also pose a risk to your baby. Here...
Baby strollers can be handy, no doubt about it, but they can also pose a risk to your baby. Here are some tips for smooth stroller sailing...
- Do fill out the warranty card and return it. This way you'll be notified of recalls or other safety issues.
- Don't forget to lock down your stroller properly. Sometimes stroller latches can be iffy, so make sure it clicks into place.
- Do always buckle your baby in properly.
- Don't put a baby who can't sit up yet in a non-reclining stroller.
- Do make sure your child is out of the immediate area when you unfold and lock the stroller into place. Stroller locks can pinch little fingers.
- Don't ever leave your baby unattended in his stroller.
- Do know the weight limit for your stroller and make sure your child sits not stands in it.
- Don't engage in extreme sports. In line skating for example, is not a good plan if you're pushing a stroller. If you trip, your baby's stroller could go flying and really harm your baby.
- Do stroll on flat surfaces when possible. Unless you have an all-terrain stroller it's better to stick to smooth pavement. Also hills are bad. If you loose your grip that stroller could go flying.