It's easy enough to say that if your baby eats something he shouldn't you need to call for emergency help...
It's easy enough to say that if your baby eats something he shouldn't you need to call for emergency help asap, but what if you're not sure what poisoning looks like? How do you know when to call for help? First of all, if your baby suddenly won't respond to you, no matter if he ate something bad or not you need to call 911 NOW. This means that your usually peppy and alert baby is not peppy or alert anymore - something is wrong and it could be an emergency. Additionally, if he's not breathing, start CPR. Signs of poisoning: A single adult sized does of medication can be fatal for a baby, toddler, or young child. Even if you didn't see your baby eat any medication, even if you baby proof, he could have found an old pill, a house guest could have dropped one, or you may have accidentally left your purse out. Typical signs that your baby ate some medication include... It sounds like a lot to watch for, but trust me, once you get to know your baby you DO know when something is off. As a parent, you have this sense that something may be wrong. If you're spending plenty of time with your baby, you'll get to know his normal habits. In case you do spot one of the signs above, quickly assess the situation and make sure you keep the national poison control number (1-800-222-1222) by your phone but if you forget it, call 911. Learn more about medication poisoning. Hey, in good news, there are some items you may think are poisonous, but aren't. Learn what to do when your baby eats something questionable.

Tags: baby danger baby poison baby poisoning medication poisoning


recommended for you

Comments