What Safety Habits Are Overlooked By Parents? Find Out So You Don't Make These Baby Safety Mistakes.
Most parents baby-proof, but there are some less common safety hazards that often are overlooked by parents. Be sure to...
Most parents baby-proof, but there are some less common safety hazards that often are overlooked by parents. Be sure to check that you're not making one of the mistakes below.
- Leaving your purse or backpack laying around: Once your baby is crawling she'll try to go through everything. Purses contain all sorts of dangerous items like mints, gum, coins, eye drops, aspirin, make-up and much more.
- Not signing up for recall information: Signing up for recall information is one of the best ways to keep your child safe. Many parents don't do this, but it only takes a moment and could save your child's life if there's a serious recall.
- Allowing your baby to play (while unattended) in a room with exercise equipment: Your treadmill, exercise bike and even arm weights are very dangerous for a baby. Machines have moving parts, gears and could even fall on a small child.
- Buying a cheap inflatable swimming pool: Near the end of summer many inexpensive inflatable pools go on sale, and seem like a fun and safe option, but they're not.
- Not protecting your baby's eyes from the sun: More UV eye damage happens to young children than you might think. Always protect your baby's eyes when out in the sun.
- Forgetting to update your CPR training: Hopefully you took CPR before your baby arrived. However, many parents don't realize that keeping CPR training updated is very important and can help save your child's life in an emergency.