Best Baby-Safe Sunscreens For 2011
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has just released their 2011 Safe Sunscreen Guide and it's jam-packed with the safest sunscreens for your baby (and you). This is the 5th year that the EWG has released a safe sunscreen guide, and this year's list is the biggest yet, featuring the ratings for more than 1,700 sunscreens and SPF-containing lip balms, moisturizers and makeups. Of course, you already know how important sun safety is for your baby and you, but just in case, let's have a small recap of sun-safe tips.
- Sunscreen is important year-round, not just during the summer. Make sure to slather on the sunscreen in winter, fall and spring as well.
- Sunscreen is good, but it can't do everything. Your baby also needs sun protection clothing and even baby sunglasses.
- Make sure you're applying sunscreen correctly.
- Stay out of the sun when it's just too bright — aim for shade.
After reading the tips above, visit your local drugstore or check out online shops for the following baby-safe, less-toxic baby sunscreens. All of these scored very well on the 2011 Safe Sunscreen Guide.
- Aveeno Baby Natural Protection Mineral Block Face Stick, SPF 50
- Loving Naturals Sunscreen Stick, SPF 30+
- Badger Baby Sunscreen, SPF 30+
- Badger Sunscreen Face Stick, Unscented, SPF 30+
- California Baby Super Sensitive No Fragrance Sunscreen Stick, SPF 30+
- California Baby Super Sensitive No Fragrance Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30+
- COOLA Baby Unscented Natural Mineral Moisturizer Sunscreen, SPF 50
- Goddess Garden Baby Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30+
- Kiss My Face Kids 100% Natural Mineral Sun Stick, SPF 30
- Thinkbaby Safe Baby Sunscreen, SPF 30+