Earlier I offered definitions of what a birth doula is. Now for the best part -- learning about the many...
Earlier I offered definitions of what a birth doula is. Now for the best part -- learning about the many cool advantages of having doula support during labor and birth.
Continuous support from a doula during labor provides physical and emotional benefits for mother and health bonuses for their babies. With less medical interventions, fewer complications, and shorter hospital stays... ~ Harvard Health Letter (From The Doula Book)Numerous studies show that birth doula support results in fewer birth interventions. Such as:
- 50 % decrease in cesarean births
- 60 % decrease in epidurals
- 40 % decrease in the use of pitocin
- 30% decrease in the use of narcotics
- 30% decrease in the use of forceps
- Overall, a 25% decrease in the length of labor (Hooray!)