Once your little is big enough to start eating real foods make sure she's getting the healthiest and most nutrient...
Once your little is big enough to start eating real foods make sure she's getting the healthiest and most nutrient packed bites she can. This cutie in the picture is happily munching on a chicken leg. While the picture is adorable; don't give your baby items like chicken bones. Hard, sharp, brittle items like bones aren't a baby-safe food and could cause choking. Babies new to the foods we eat, love cheerios and soft sweet fruits and veggies, but there are some great nutrient rich foods besides typical baby solids that you may not have considered... Foods that your little muncher will love.
- Brown rice with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Chopped hard boiled eggs (after 12 months only)
- Peeled, cooked soft, and cubed yams
- Whole grain couscous with green peas
- Tiny chunks of turkey, lean beef, or soy meatballs
- Whole grain muffins sweetened with raspberry juice
- Baked beans
- Light tuna (water packed)
- Small chunks of fresh and soft avocado
- Whole wheat mac and cheese
- Tofu mashed or cut into small pieces