You can eat just about anything and still keep moving but honestly eating the right power packed foods is going...
You can eat just about anything and still keep moving but honestly eating the right power packed foods is going to keep you running at a better, healthier, speed -- something all of us mamas need. Energy bites: To gain quick energy eat these low-calorie yet powerfully energized bites.
- Ginger tea (I know, more a sip than a bite but it works)
- Potatoes -- preferably baked or homemade mashed (skip the sour cream)
- Candy canes (tis the season) if it happens to not be the season try some good old peppermint candies.
- Salsa! Chips are fun. Chips with chunky salsa provide extra veggies.
- Add garden veggies to tomato-based spaghetti sauce. That's a veggie dish times two.
- Create packed salads. Adding extras like cold sweet peas, oranges, raspberries, or cut fresh green beans can power up your typical lettuce and carrots.
- Grill up some sweet potatoes. Cut fresh sweet potatoes, add a sliver of butter, a dash of nutmeg and wrap in foil. Grill or bake until soft and devour.
- Make veggie burritos -- extra heavy on the salsa, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Add some brown rice and low-fat cheese and you've got a great meal.