I had ultra clear skin my whole darn life. The kind of skin people get jealous of. I was pretty...
I had ultra clear skin my whole darn life. The kind of skin people get jealous of. I was pretty happy with my stroke of luck. Then I got pregnant. Pregnancy changes everything, but I didn't expect it to change my skin. It's not like I broke out all crazy, but I did get a few pimples, and for someone who'd barely had a blemish her whole life it was traumatic. THEN I hear, you can't use any sort of pimple fighting products while pregnant. WHAT THE....? Fact - you can fight pimples during pregnancy, you just have to do it correctly. What you can do:
- Keep your face very clean - wash that make-up off at night.
- Use a natural clay mask to clean your pores, or a nice natural scrub my favorite scrub are the earthy, All Natural Facial Grains (I heart them).
- Use a topical antibiotic such as clindamycin. Talk to your health care provider about your topical options.
- For extra painful or bad acne, you may be able to have cortisone injections; if your health care provider gives you the go-ahead.
- Dab a drop of tea tree or lavender essential oil on your zit - if your health care provider oks it.
- The silly but it works cure - dab a bit of natural soap onto your pimple at night, let it dry, wash off in the morning. I swear it works for small pimples.