Your first trimester checklist is made up of mostly planning steps. During your second trimester, you'll have more energy, hopefully...
Your first trimester checklist is made up of mostly planning steps. During your second trimester, you'll have more energy, hopefully no morning sickness, and be able to take care of some bigger tasks. Your second trimester checklist:
- Early in your 2nd trimester register for baby gear and goodies. Before registering, you might like to read, recommended baby products for expecting mothers.
- Start researching and interviewing birth doulas.
- Sign up for an infant and child CPR and first aid class.
- Plan a trip with your significant other. Something romantic or ultra fun - this is your last chance for a while.
- Start writing your birth plan.
- Start stocking up on diapers now. Trust me it'll save you some sanity after the baby arrives if you've got diapers stockpiled.
- Most women, even women with great prenatal providers, tend to be under-informed about pain relief in labor. Start researching your options. This will help with your birth plan.
- Look into breastfeeding resources now for a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Start working your way through your major to-do list now. Find baby announcements, get a few baby books, and start working on the nursery. You'll have less energy in your third trimester, so now is when you should get major tasks out of the way.