Many health experts agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. During pregnancy breakfast is even more...
Many health experts agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. During pregnancy breakfast is even more important...
- Skipping breakfast (or other meals) makes you more prone to preterm labor.
- Breakfast helps your body maintain normal and steady blood sugar levels - important for both your health and your baby's.
- Skipping breakfast can increase morning sickness symptoms. I know it's hard to eat when you feel icky, but try to eat something mild like a banana or some crackers. Once your morning sickness subsides, have normal breakfasts again.
- Missing your morning meal can make you eat too many calories later in the day, which can contribute to excessive pregnancy weight gain.
- Scrambled eggs
- Organic yogurt
- A low sugar muffin or oatmeal cookie with fruit
- Almost any cereal - hot or cold. Avoid excessively sugary cereals, but note that even sugary cereals with marshmallows and chocolate are healthier than no breakfast.
- Fruit smoothie
- Cheese and crackers
- Bagel and light cream cheese
- Angel Milk