Break Your Soda Habit While Pregnant
Pregnancy is the perfect time to cut back on soda; or drop soda entirely. If you're a soda junkie, you'll...
Pregnancy is the perfect time to cut back on soda; or drop soda entirely. If you're a soda junkie, you'll need to cut back because most soda is full of caffeine, which isn't healthy when you're pregnant. However, the benefits of cutting soda from your life are more far-reaching than the caffeine issue. [caption id="attachment_11695" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Photo ©scottsnyde via sxc. "][/caption] Other reasons to break that soda habit:
- Soda is full of endless (and totally useless) calories. You should be eating healthy calories while pregnant, and for that matter, at other times as well.
- Most sodas contain a high amount of chemical, artificial flavors and colors.
- Studies have shown that drinking regular or diet soda increases excess stomach fat.
- Soda drinking has been shown to increase your risk of high cholesterol and high blood sugar.
- Artificial sweeteners found in diet soda have been linked to preterm birth.