Easy New Nutrition Guidelines From The USDA
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) just announced their NEW food pyramid - and surprise, it's not a pyramid at...
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) just announced their NEW food pyramid - and surprise, it's not a pyramid at all, but a plate that makes healthy eating easier than ever. The new plate spells out how to make smarter food choices, simply by separating your plate into food areas. The USDA has also released some easy to follow tips (shown below): Balancing Calories
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals ― and choose the foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.