Even in the best of the best situations, preterm labor might happen to you. Even if you had a healthy...
Even in the best of the best situations, preterm labor might happen to you. Even if you had a healthy pregnancy. That said, there are some factors that place you at a higher risk.
- You had a previous preterm labor.
- You have a miscarriage history (even one).
- If for some reason, you need abdominal surgery during your pregnancy.
- Genital or urinary tract infections occur during pregnancy.
- If you smoke or abuse street drugs.
- If you're a younger or older mama. This is questionable as research keeps changing the ages of "young" and "old" - however, it's typically if you fall into the under 17 years or over 35 years age group.
- If you have poor nutrition during pregnancy.
- If you're super stressed either physically or mentally.