Diaper bags, or any old bag you use to lug baby's gear around in should contain some basics; but there's...
Diaper bags, or any old bag you use to lug baby's gear around in should contain some basics; but there's no reason to overload your bag. Trust me, no one ever needed the kitchen sink on a baby outing. Stuff you need in your diaper bag:
- Diapers (really!)
- Wipes - just a small case. In a pinch, you can always use wet paper towels.
- ONE decent baby toy - preferably a favorite.
- Formula, if you're not breastfeeding.
- A burp rag.
- One extra outfit including one extra pair of socks and a hat. If it's chilly take a knit hat; summer, take a sun hat.
- Tiny bottle of baby sunscreen. You can use the same sunscreen to save space.
- Pacifier if your baby uses one.
- Two small snacks if your baby is on solids.
- Any toys besides the one above. Babies are perfectly happy with your keys or a leaf from a tree. Tons o' toys are not necessary.
- Diaper rash cream - unless your baby is seriously affected with diaper rash, and then maybe you shouldn't be going out in the first place.
- Any medications. Those tiny bottles can take up valuable space, and no baby ever got sick on a quick trip to the park. If you're gone for less than half a day, don't take items from the medicine cabinet.
- Bibs and lots of clothing.