There are plenty of ways that new dads can learn to be involved with their children and make things easier...
There are plenty of ways that new dads can learn to be involved with their children and make things easier for their partner; even dads who are unexperienced with kids.
- Go out with the baby alone - your baby won't explode if you take her to the store so that your partner can have a break. I promise.
- Take over some of the feedings - if your partner breastfeeds, maybe talk about pumping some milk, and at night you can handle one or two feedings.
- Leave work behind - once you go home to spend time with your family, leave the cell at work, turn the computer off, and don't bring any work home. Once your home, spend time with your partner and baby.
- Toss one activity out - choose one activity you do each week and drop it. Hang out with your new baby instead.
- Take over bedtime routines - be in charge of bath time, and getting your baby cuddled and relaxed for sleep.