If you're still breastfeeding, and you've also returned to work, you're likely pumping breast milk at work. Some women find...
If you're still breastfeeding, and you've also returned to work, you're likely pumping breast milk at work. Some women find pumping really easy. I never did. I didn't have a horrible time, I just never got all that much milk, which as any mama knows, is super frustrating. Distractions don't help either. Here's how to make it easier.
- Look at a picture of your baby as you pump.
- Make sure you have absolute privacy - worrying about your co-worker walking in can seriously ruin your pumping groove.
- Drown out workplace noise - plug in some earphones and listen to your favorite relaxing tunes.
- Make sure you schedule enough time to pump - rushing it won't help.
- Take an extra shirt - if you accidentally get milk on your work-shirt, you'll want to have a nice clean one with no worries.
- Have a great breast pump and an easy breast milk storage solution.