Pregnancy heartburn can seem worse than normal run of the mill heartburn, and no wonder. Not only are you carrying...
Pregnancy heartburn can seem worse than normal run of the mill heartburn, and no wonder. Not only are you carrying extra weight but now you have that tight, icky feeling in your chest and belly. Try these tips for the quickest heartburn relief:
- Chew gum. Anything that increases saliva helps to reduce heartburn because saliva decreases icky stomach acids, and gum is one of the quickest ways to increase saliva.
- Drink TONS of water every day, and before you lay down to sleep or rest.
- Avoid spicy foods. Why create more uncomfortable acids? After you give birth you can enjoy your fave hot salsa again
- Go walking or sit up straight. Staying upright means that stomach acid stays down. Once you turn horizontal, stomach acid starts to creep upwards.
- Use more pillows at night. Using an extra pillow under your head keeps you more upright, which, as noted above, keeps those stomach acids down.
- If heartburn gets too terrible, talk with your health care provider. You don't need to suffer through your pregnancy.