One thing all new mamas need is other new (and experienced) mama pals. If you're shy, or make friends slowly,...
One thing all new mamas need is other new (and experienced) mama pals. If you're shy, or make friends slowly, this can be an issue. Best tips and pick-up lines to use if you'd like to make a new mama friend:
1. Station yourself somewhere that other mamas frequent.I'm talking the park, kiddie pool, baby music classes, or story hour. 2. Make eye contact and smile (I know, it is a little like dating). 3. Pick her up with a vanity pick-up line. Lines that no mama can resist include:
- What an adorable-beautiful-pretty-sweet baby!
- How do you keep your baby so tidy, my baby's clothes always seem so messy.
- Your baby looks just like you! Note, only use this line if it's true, it's too transparent otherwise.
- Look how smart your baby is (fill in the blank) - i.e. "Look at how she picks up those blocks.... holds a book... stands upright... etc." Commenting on a baby's intelligence, humor, or grace is always smart.