When you're a new parent, it's really hard to know what you should do with your baby all day. It's...
When you're a new parent, it's really hard to know what you should do with your baby all day. It's not like he can get out toys when bored, or ask you to read to him. How can you keep a baby occupied all day long? One of the best things you can do with a baby is keep the schedule moving. Hours of one activity is too long for a small baby. If you break your baby's day into 30 to 60 minute activity slots it'll be easier. Because 24 hours is a long time, we'll look at morning activities first, then later today we'll look at afternoon and evening activities. What to do with your baby in the morning (7am to 11am):
- 30 - 60 minutes good morning routine - a basic good morning routine includes diaper change, breakfast, and getting your baby dressed.
- 15 - 30 minute morning tummy time - mornings are perfect for tummy time, because your baby's been sleeping on her back all night.
- 30 - 60 minute morning bouncy seat time - place your baby in her bouncy seat, or a stand up non-mobile activity center and take her into the bathroom with you as you shower. You can chat with her while you scrub.
- 15 minute morning story time
- 30 minute playtime
- 30 - 60 minute morning walk - walks outside are not only entertaining for your baby, but healthy for you as well. Use a front baby pack or stroller. If it's rainy and you don't enjoy walking in the rain, head to the mall for a few laps. If you don't feel like a walk each day, at least get your baby outside for some morning air. If the weather allows, spread a blanket out and let your baby explore and relax.