Today we're looking at different ways to save money while raising your baby. One of the best ways to save...
Today we're looking at different ways to save money while raising your baby. One of the best ways to save money is by practicing attachment parenting.
Attachment parenting naturally creates a less expensive atmosphere with the following key points:
- Prepare for pregnancy, labor, birth, and parenting: The more you prepare, the more you'll know about products, health care, and necessary supplies which cuts out surprise costs.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding saves you tons and tons of money on bottles, formula, and health care (breastfed babies are usually healthier). Even if you factor in nursing bras and a really nice breast pump, you'll still save money.
- Co-sleep: No crib! No crib sheets, no crib extras, and so on.
- Provide consistent and loving care: Babies who receive plenty of parent love and attention need fewer toys, classes, and in the end, hopefully less therapy (just kidding about the therapy - although, it is something to consider). Seriously though, your baby would rather have more time with you than a new toy.
- Strive for family balance: Family finances are always easier to handle when the whole family is in sync. Plan how you're going to budget for your new baby, with your partner, before your baby arrives.