If you have a jogging stroller it's easy to get into shape after your baby arrives. It's best if you...
If you have a jogging stroller it's easy to get into shape after your baby arrives. It's best if you follow some basic stroller workout rules...
- Don't grasp the stroller too hard, you can hurt your wrists. Be aware of hand placement and allow your wrists to stay relaxed.
- Suck in your gut as you walk. This helps to zip up those abs and creates better posture.
- Keep your shoulders back and down - i.e. don't stiffen them or pull them in toward your neck.
- Allow your neck and head to relax. Don't push your head forward, it should rest in between your shoulders.
- Breathe as you walk - sounds like something you wouldn't forget, but sometimes during exercise people forget to inhale and exhale normally.
- Wear good walking shoes.
- Track your stroller workout miles.
- Take along a large water bottle and drink, drink, drink.
- Walk with a buddy or two. Mamas who work out with others stick to it better than mamas going it solo. Check Stroller Strides for a stroller workout near you or simply call up some pals.
- Fight postpartum walking exercise boredom