If you're a soon to be parent having a baby shower or someone simply attending a baby shower, you're probably...
If you're a soon to be parent having a baby shower or someone simply attending a baby shower, you're probably considering what sorts of gifts will be best.
This guide will help you choose what to register for OR what to choose as a gift for an expecting family... Registry rules: Soon to be parents - Tell folks where you're registered. If there are items you specifically want, no one will know if you don't tell them. Also considering registering at a place that's everywhere. For example; Babies R Us is all over the country and online, while that cute local boutique you like may not be accessible to all your friends. Friends and family - Ask where the parents are registered. Don't make them have to return baby items while they're bust with a newborn. It's not as creative to purchase registry items, but it is what the parents want. Baby size rules: If you're registering or buying for a friend, stick to larger sizes of baby clothes. Newborn sizes are unusable almost instantly. A few cute newborn outfits are nice, but overall, you get more use out of baby clothes sized a bit larger. A good idea is to get 3 month old sizes upwards. Baby season rules: If a baby is going to be born in May it's no good purchasing a winter bunting outfit in a three month size. A winter baby has no use for one month old summer dresses. Think about the season vs. age when buying baby clothing. Thinking outside the box: Items that are nice to have that people sometimes forget to register for include things like...
- Baby albums or memory books.
- Music for little ears.
- Keepsakes like silver frames or spoons engraved with the family name.
- Art work for nursery walls.
- Quick baby scrapbooking kits
- Boring stuff that everyone need, but no one thinks as much about. Items like this may be a baby hamper, diaper pail, or nightlight.
- Nursery room storage bins for all those little items.
- Baby carriers.
- A year's supply of flowers - such as bouquet delivery once monthly. Mamas will love this.