Do you know your parenting philosophy? Once your baby arrives, you'll have millions of decisions to make, and having a...
Do you know your parenting philosophy? Once your baby arrives, you'll have millions of decisions to make, and having a basic philosophy can help.
Another good reason to consider your parenting philosophy is because it allows you and your partner to line up on certain ideas. It's important that you and your partner discuss your parenting approach and goals. Here's my general parenting philosophy, most of which I came up with before my son was born:
- Treat my son with the same respect I like to be treated with.
- Say I'm sorry when I make a mistake.
- Don't create a violent atmosphere - i.e I don't hit my son and I rarely yell or even raise my voice.
- I want my son to feel positive about himself, feel safe in his own home and world, and feel like he can accomplish his goals.
- I want my son to respect the environment.