Once you start giving your baby solid foods there will be no stopping her. Most babies, once introduced to solids,...
Once you start giving your baby solid foods there will be no stopping her. Most babies, once introduced to solids, become little snack happy munchers.
In fact, you may worry that your baby is pointing at the snack cupboard and fridge a little too often. Don't worry though, snacks are healthy and important for a variety of reasons.
- Babies have small tummies, and snacks are often easy for your baby to manage vs. entire meals three times a day.
- Snacks are fun! Babies love to experience new taste sensations, textures, and smells.
- Snacks are a great learning experience. For the same reasons that snacks are fun, they're also educational. They help your baby learn to pickup smaller items and get them to her mouth. Go coordination!
- Snacks make weaning easier. If you, not your baby chooses to wean off breastfeeding, snacks can ease the transition, by providing a new form of food.
- Snacks are relaxing. For a busy baby, time out may not be part of their vocabulary. Overtired babes can get cranky. A snack break allows your baby some much needed sit and chill time.
- Snacks can be super nutritious when planned right. Plenty of snacks fill nutrition gaps for your baby.