Major holiday seasons can be stressful for little ones. Lighten things up with these six smile and laugh inducing tricks... ...
Major holiday seasons can be stressful for little ones. Lighten things up with these six smile and laugh inducing tricks...
- Pretend to sneeze - big fat, over obnoxious sneezes will get a baby giggling every time.
- Dance a silly dance - few babies can resist their mama getting down. No worries, you've got a few years before this trick is just embarrassing to your babe, right now, she'll love it.
- Plan a surprise - while many babies don't like the shock of a big surprise(no jumping out at your baby) most do enjoy a good disappearing act. Toss a towel over your head, remove, smile, replace towel, repeat until the cows come home. Babies never get tired of this act.
- Talk like you can't - older babies who have mastered some words, find it funny when you mix your own words into a line of babble. I'm not sure why babies find this so amusing, only that they do. Seriously, my son is seven, and he finds babble talk funny still. Make your speech into stuff that makes no sense, and the average kid will be in stitches.
- Be someone new -babies love when their mama becomes a kitty, a pup, or some other animal. Get down on all fours and go for it.
- Play "gonna get you" - now, I have met a few babies who are scared by the whole, "I'm gonna get you" game, but most love it. My son cracked up as soon as I'd mutter "I'm..." Babies also adore this game when played with puppets. Use the puppet to get your little one.