Right now there's plenty of holiday cheer, and also plenty of holiday stress. Both for you and your baby. However,...
Right now there's plenty of holiday cheer, and also plenty of holiday stress. Both for you and your baby.
However, it's worse if you get sick because then you'll be sick AND caring for your baby AND dealing with the holidays. Trust me, I've got this terrible flu right now, and caring for a useful, helpful seven year old is even hard. If you're a mama, try to take some time-outs. Relax on a daily basis, for at least a little bit. Here are some relaxation ideas...
- Take the time to breathe. For five minutes, sit in a quiet place, breathe in and out; slow deep breathes. Visualize a peaceful environment, like a beach, a spa, the park, wherever you feel chill. It helps to light a nice candle.
- A shower or bath is always relaxing, but if you add in some natural bath salts or an aromatherapy shower steamer, and you double the relax factor.
- Make some Homemade Organic Sugar Scrub for New Mamas - it's super easy, I promise.
- Use your right thumb to press firmly against your left wrist (at about one inch south of where your palm starts - basically where you'd wear a watch). Hold firm for one minute. This is a stress reliving acupressure point. Note: DO NOT do this is you are pregnant. You should only have acupressure from a professional when preggers, just to be sure you don't trigger contractions.
- Try some mood lifting essential oils for mamas.
- As always get plenty of sleep, water, and eat healthy - better overall health helps to relieve stress.