When babies hit that one year mark, their abilities seem to soar. Here's what your little one may be...
When babies hit that one year mark, their abilities seem to soar. Here's what your little one may be doing at one year...
- Understand very simple words that she hears often, like her name or "No" or "Let's go." She may not always follow -i.e obey the word, but she likely knows what it means.
- Get into a sitting position on her own, even from a laying down position.
- Pick up smaller items using her thumb and finger.
- Use hand play: For example wave goodbye, play patty-cake, clap, or shush others with her hands.
- Say one or two words that you can actually understand - mama, dada, kitty, and so on.
- Maybe stand for a couple of seconds unassisted and probably she'll be walking a little while holding onto a table or other piece of furniture.
- May be able to roll a ball back to you if you roll it to her first.
- She might even be able to indicate simple needs with a gesture. For example pointing at her cup when she wants a drink.
- See more 12 month milestones.