You don't need to be pregnant to know that stress can suck; stress can affect anyone negatively. However, during...
You don't need to be pregnant to know that stress can suck; stress can affect anyone negatively. However, during pregnancy, extreme stress can mean that you're more likely to have a premature or low birth weight baby. High levels of maternal stress have also been shown to affect a child's mental development. You might be too stressed if...
- You feel tired non-stop AND irritable or anxious.
- You feel depressed, can't stop crying, or are mad all the time.
- You are socially withdrawn.
- You can't shake your bad feelings.
- You lack interest in things that used to make you happy.
- You feel no interest in your pregnancy or your own health.
- Don't go it alone. If you're feeling stressed, tell your health care provider right away.
- Don't get pregnant until you're sure your your relationship can handle a baby.
- Watch the March of Dimes video Managing Stress.
- Take a prenatal yoga class. Yoga is relaxing and a good part of a pregnancy fitness routine.
- Try some daily relaxation techniques.
- Avoid major labor fears.
- Read five ways to have a happier pregnancy for basic stress-free pregnancy tips.
- Get help NOW if you're involved in an abusive relationship.