In the last post we looked at a new study that found that most women are not following healthy pregnancy...
In the last post we looked at a new study that found that most women are not following healthy pregnancy recommendations. If you're pregnant or considering pregnancy, it benefits you and your baby to follow some basic healthy guidelines. Following are some things you should and should not be doing in order to have a healthy baby.
- Make sure your relationship can handle a baby.
- If you want to get pregnant you need to discuss some important topics with your health care provider. Click here to see what you should be talking about.
- Alternative therapies may lower your chance of conceiving - so always bring up any treatments you have with your midwife or doctor.
- Take the recommended amount of folic acid before and during pregnancy.
- Try to live as stress-free as possible.
- Don't smoke or take street drugs.
- Don't drink alcohol and limit your caffeine intake.
- Be at your recommended BMI before you conceive.
- Practice safe sex before and during pregnancy.
- Fit in a healthy amount of prenatal exercise.
- Eat a healthy pregnancy diet.
- If you're in a violent relationship get some help right this second.
- Focus on your partner too. If you have a male partner, make sure his health is in good shape for baby making!