Plenty of mamas manage to successfully pump breast milk when they return to work. There's a small learning curve though,...
Plenty of mamas manage to successfully pump breast milk when they return to work. There's a small learning curve though, and the right gear and some tips can pave the way to a better pumping experience. The right gear:
- Get a decent breast pump first off. For breast milk pumping at work get a pump that's strong, fast, and portable like the Pump In Style Advanced or the Purely Yours Ultra.
- Consider buying some extra pump parts so you don't have to wash your pump parts between pumping sessions.
- Have some extra storage bags on hand. Most pumps come with two or four storage bottles, but on a long day at work you may need back up storage like Gerber Seal 'N Go Breast Milk Storage Bags.
- Consider a hands-free milk pumping bra if you only get short breaks.
- Take a big sweater along because if the office is chilly it can make pumping harder.