You can still plan your annual camping trip, even if you've got a baby in the camper this year. Of course...
You can still plan your annual camping trip, even if you've got a baby in the camper this year.
Of course packing to go anywhere with a baby makes things more complicated, and camping is no exception. Here's what you cannot forget when taking off into the woods with your baby...
- Safe baby sandals for around the campsite - if your tot is walking well look into some sturdier shoes for treks into the forest or on a rocky shoreline.
- Hat with brim to block the sun and sunglasses.
- Swim pants for water play if there's a lake.
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- If you’re going to be out on the lake, water safety gear like life jackets are a must have.
- A tent with screens and a canopy shade or you'll have one hot and cranky tot.
- If you'll be hiking, make sure you have a decent baby carrier / baby backpack.
- A blanket or two to lay on and to cover some ground (so your baby won't be tempted to eat those rocks).
- You should have a first aid kit in your car.
- Your charged cell phone for emergencies.