Bonding is not always as easy as it looks in those fluffy diaper commercials. Keep in mind that... Bonding happens...
Bonding is not always as easy as it looks in those fluffy diaper commercials. Keep in mind that... Bonding happens but the time line can vary. Some parents and babies bond sooner than others. There is NO normal bonding time. Bonding happens in different ways for different parents. Some parents love the baby years, while other parents may only start to feel totally bonded once their baby hits the toddler years and is more independent. Lastly,bonding takes action. You can help the bonding process along by doing the following...
- Breastfeeding if you're a mama and if you're a papa, feeding once breastfeeding is established and you can offer a bottle.
- Providing ongoing baby care. All those day to day tasks may seem boring - diapers, singing, baths, but it's bonding in action.
- Having proper support. If you feel very detached from your baby talk to other parents or your doctor who will provide ideas about how to bond with your baby.
- Skin to skin contact - cuddling, kisses, co-sleeping all help the bonding process.
- Talking to your baby, even though he has no clue what you're saying helps you to bond.