Halloween is sort of a bittersweet time for parents of babies - yeah the baby Halloween costumes are adorable, but...
Halloween is sort of a bittersweet time for parents of babies - yeah the baby Halloween costumes are adorable, but babies can't really eat most Halloween treats. Most Halloween treats just aren't safe (such as the candy corn below) and can pose major choking hazards for wee babes who are new to solid foods.
Babies CAN NOT have:
- Hard candy, lollies, candy corn, or really any small candies
- Sticky candy such as taffy
- Gummy candy like gummy worms or bears
- Chocolates filled with nuts, peanut butter, or honey
- Pumpkin seeds
- Halloween smoothie served with a spoon not a straw!
- Soft Halloween pumpkin cookies or Halloween cupcakes (without candy or icing on top).
- If your baby is one year or older a little chocolate is ok, like a small bite sized chocolate bar, but NO nuts, fruit, or add-ins.
- Fresh pumpkin broccoli puree - make it thicker for older babies.