When you're a new parent is sort of becomes all about the baby - especially, I've noticed, for new mamas....
When you're a new parent is sort of becomes all about the baby - especially, I've noticed, for new mamas. New dads seem much more prone to jealousy issues in my experience because new mamas tend to take on more of the baby care, which many dads seem to consider NOT baby care, but you spending more time with the baby than with him. Not all dads are this way, but many, many mamas I've known have this problem. One one hand, it would be nice if dad would get that babies actually need lots of attention, not whine, and just be a damn adult already. On the other hand not getting along can cost you your relationship, being a single mama is really hard, and admit it, your guy has some good qualities. If you want to keep your guy happy try to find a few spare minutes daily where you can make sure he knows you're thinking about him. Following are little things you can do that only take minutes.
- Give a hug or kiss - a real one - not one of those, see ya kisses.
- Sneak a cute little love note into his work bag or lunch so he'll find it later.
- Send an "I'm thinking of you text."
- Spend a few minutes each day NOT discussing the baby.
- If junior is asleep invite your partner to hop into the shower with you.