As new parents cleaning is the last thing on your mind... for a while. After a few months the piles...
As new parents cleaning is the last thing on your mind... for a while. After a few months the piles of laundry, stacks of paperwork, and greasy floors are probably making you nuts. Top that off with the fact that you and your partner have had zero one-on-one time since junior arrived and you've got the makings for one cranky couple.
Do this: Pack that little bundle off to grandmas for the day and stay in and clean. Forget romance, forget flowers, just focus on the house. Is this sounding lame? It's not I promise, and here's why.
- Even though you're cleaning you're still spending time together - two birds one stone.
- Cleaning is the perfect time to chat.
- When the two of you clean together there's no resentment building up in just one of you.
- You're getting some of the chaos out of the house, which makes for easier baby care and a less stressed mindset - seriously looking at and living in a grungy house isn't healthy for anyone.
- Cleaning is a low stress date. You don't have to dress up or even find time to shower - although... no one is going to care if the two of you hop into the shower together at the end of the 'date' then grab some quick take out before picking up the baby.