Organic Cotton Clothing Is Better For The Planet And Healthier For Your Baby To Boot.
Since Earth Day is coming up soon we should take a look at the benefits of organic baby clothing. Organics...
Since Earth Day is coming up soon we should take a look at the benefits of organic baby clothing. Organics are greener and healthier for your baby for many reasons.
- Conventional cotton is cotton grown with pesticides. Organic cotton is not grown with pesticides. Thus organics are a healthier choice. First of all, you don’t want your baby's skin exposed to chemicals, and secondly, the use of said pesticides is rampant in cotton. Traditionally grown cotton accounts for a quarter or more of the world’s pesticide use which not only negatively affects health but the planet as well.
- After conventional cotton is grown, it’s processed with even more chemicals which only adds to the problem.
- Conventional cotton pollutes both groundwater, and factory pollution pollutes the rest of our world (think our clean air).
- Workers who are exposed to the conventional cotton process experience many more negative affects than the people simple wearing these cotton clothing pieces.
- Organic cotton requires less irrigation, keeps chemicals out of our water (great for fish, turtles, and more), builds stronger soil, and promotes healthy farming practices.
- Dyes used for coloring organic fabrics tend to be natural, plant based dyes, vs, odd colors you can’t pronounce and don't want near your baby's skin.