If You've Had It With Crib Recalls You Can Try Another Option, Like A Bassinet Or Co-Sleeping.
In light of recent massive crib recalls we've been looking at options beyond the crib here at P&B. The other...
In light of recent massive crib recalls we've been looking at options beyond the crib here at P&B. The other day we looked at co-sleeping. That's just one crib-free option though. Another option is a mix of bassinet-minded sleepers or a cradle and then either a move to co-sleeping arrangement or a play pen. Your baby can actually sleep in a play pen but unlike a crib, a play pen is useful for other things too. Then you can move your baby to a small bed. Here are some good bassinet options: [gallery]
- Lalapanzi organic baby bed - can be used for travel too which is a perk. Plus this little bed comes in an array of beautiful fabrics and is suitable for babies up to one year old. Nice.
- Hushamok baby hammock - safe, secure and lovely. Made for babies up to 22 pounds.
- Nest bassinet from Ooba - Modern and awesome plus includes slip cover, mattress pad and cover and two fitted sheets. Holds up to 50 pounds.
- Seed Organic POD: Eco-Friendly Moses Basket and Cradle - Organic and classic. Holds babies up to 35 pounds.Equally lovely is the Seed Organic Cradle.
- Mini Classic Co-Sleeper in toffee from Arm's Reach Concepts - A cozy sleeping nest that's same height as an adult bed, offering ease of nighttime nursing and comfort. Fits in smaller bedrooms, has one large storage space underneath the mattress that is completely enclosed with a zipper opening and four side pockets for convenient quick storage. Includes carry bag for travel. Folds up easy for storage. Good for babies up to 23 pounds.
- Cariboo Earth Folding Bassinet - Teak - Earth friendly and really beautiful, this bassinet actually fits the design scheme of an adult bedroom and holds up to 30 pounds.