Plan For A Healthy Baby Before You Become Pregnant.
Medications are safer before you become pregnant than they are after you're already pregnant. However, even with this in mind...
Medications are safer before you become pregnant than they are after you're already pregnant. However, even with this in mind pre-pregnancy is a great time to start acting like you're pregnant. If you are not pregnant yet, you can up your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby by doing the following...
- Schedule a pre-pregnancy checkup. At this pre-pregnancy visit you can discuss all the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you use with your care provider. Although most medications aren't deemed safe for pregnancy, your health is also important. If there's a medication you need now is the time to talk about your options with a health care professional. Your doctor may have you switch medications or try to stop taking them. You should also catch up on your vaccinations before you become pregnant.
- Take folic acid now! You should begin taking folic acid way before you become pregnant or really, even if there's a chance you could become pregnant.
- Quit smoking before you get pregnant and limit alcohol consumption because after you are pregnant both of these are big no nos.
- Cut back on caffeine. During pregnancy you can have caffeine, but far less. Get ready now to function without those four daily espressos.
- Take the time to get in shape. Lose any extra weight and start eating hyper healthy meals.