Think Breastfeeding Is Only Super Cool For Babies... Not So Fast - Breastfeeding Also Offers Plenty Of Perks For New Mamas.
August is National Breastfeeding Month so we're taking a close look at the many amazing perks of breastfeeding. In a...
August is National Breastfeeding Month so we're taking a close look at the many amazing perks of breastfeeding. In a previous post we looked at breastfeeding benefits for babies. However, breastfeeding also rocks the house for mamas. Here are ten reasons why all mamas should give breastfeeding a try.
- Breastfeeding helps protect you from breast cancer.
- Breastfeeding helps you bond with your baby. In fact studies show that even very young babies can tell which breast milk belongs to their own mama simply by scent - that is 100% amazing.
- Do you know how much money you'll save?! Formula, bottles and all the extra bottle gear adds up to thousands of dollars per year. Breast milk is free!
- Breastfeeding may encourage you to eat healthy because while breastfeeding a healthy diet is a must-have.
- You get to pick out really cute nursing bras.
- You won't have to get up in the night and get out of that warm bed just to heat up a bottle. Breastfeeding saves so much time it's insane. Especially if you co-sleep. Plus, you'll have a less cranky babe because he won't have to wait to eat. In fact, breastfeeding may save you so much time you'll have time to shower! Yes, you laugh now, but wait til the baby comes; you'll be saying, "A shower? What's that?"
- Menopause will be more fun - well, as fun as it can be anyhow. Research shows that mamas who breastfeed are less likely to develop high blood pressure, diabetes and cardiovascular disease in their menopause years than mamas who never breastfed.
- Your body will get back to normal after the birth, quicker, if you breastfeed. When breastfeeding, you'll notice cramping (which sucks) BUT these cramps are actually good because it means that your uterus is returning to normal. Breastfeeding can help quicken this process.
- Breastfeeding reduces your risk of developing osteoporosis and anemia.
- Zen mama benefits - each time you breastfeed hormones that provide you with a feeling of well-being are released. You'll feel much more chill, which is the perfect way for a new mama to feel.